T Minus 35
As we enter the last 5 weeks in the UK the lasts come thick and fast.
Today was Anita’s last day at work and Bekah’s last day at school.
- Tonight is Anita’s last Band Practice for Woburn Sands Brass Band.
- Tomorrow is Bekah’s last Band Concert
- Matt and Bekah both did their last paper round today.
- This is our last weekend in MK
- Sunday is our last Church Service at St Mary’s.
- Tuesday is my last day at work
After what has seemed ages – suddenly we are approaching the end. Life is unravelling before us – as it must before we leave but it is a little disconcerting!
the garden outside Anita’s office at the Open University.
T Minus 66
So today I have had my last Parent’s Evening of the year and as a consequence the last in the UK. I’ve had classes in every year group this year meaning I have attended Parent’s Evenings for years 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. It’s a great opportunity to catch up with parents and have some productive conversations but it makes for a long day. I’m glad this is the last of the year. 🙂 -especially on a gorgeous summery evening. I’m on a break half way through there’s an hour and a half to go and I’m looking forward to the end.
Another last on the road to Mwanza!