What exactly is the Liebster Award?
- Well strictly it has no currency other than that someone else has decided to recognise your blog among a small group of others (see below).
A chain letter
- Strictly yes – but unlike so many chain letters there are no threats or promises. It’s purpose seems to me to be entirely benign.You will see below (if you choose to read that far) that I need to nominate others as part of the acceptance.
A Promotional Opportunity
- This is probably the closest meaning – in that it give small blogs with lower readership the opportunity to promote other small blogs.
I don’t send Chain Letters or their ilk usually, but on balance and for the reasons above, on this occasion I will send this.
So here goes.
| The blogger who nominated me is ‘L’ from Point, Shoot, Blog.
She is an Asian expat blogger, living in South Africa, who’s blogging aims to show off the amazing scenery of South Africa.
Thanks ‘L’ for nominating me it is much appreciated – especially as I have only been blogging for 6 weeks.
The Rules of the Award are
- Link back to the person who nominate you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate other blogs for the award – they must have less than 500 followers to qualify
- Ask them some questions of your own
- Let the nominees know they are nominated
What do you like about blogging?
It gives me an opportunity to capture the day and explore my thoughts – it has reignited an interest in writing and I’m encouraged by the feedback. I am also a bit of a stats geek and I like the daily facts and figures which come my way. I would love to see more of the world and (see below) will be seeing more of it soon. Nonetheless it ‘s nice to see the world through others eyes.
What inspired you to blog?
I am about to make a momentous move across the world to take up a new job in Mwanza, Tanzania. I will be travelling with my family and I wanted to find a way to capture the changes coming our way. Looking at other blogs, they seemed to cover the new life in a new country but not the process of moving so I decided to start from that point.
What has been the proudest moment in your life so far?
If you could spend up to a week in your life sharing with a person or people you love, who would you spend it with (living or dead)?
My dad – it would be good for the kids to know their granddad – he died in 2006 whilst they were still young.
What is the one thing you would take along with you when you leave home, other than your phone?
iPod – I love my music and the iPhone doesn’t hold enough.
What is your favorite activity in public?
In the past I have performed in an Amateur Operatic Society and a church drama team – so I guess acting.
If you had a magic lamp, what would be the one wish you wish for?
Three more wishes – lol
Here Are My Nominees
- Over The Hills And Far Away
- English Haiku poems and other verses
- Bousies in Mwanza
- Let’s Make This Blog worth Reading
Nominees please consider accepting the Award and then follow the instructions as I have done.
- Here are my questions
- What made you start blogging?
- What is the best thing about blogging for you?
- What is the one place on earth you would most like to be now?
- What is your favorite food?
- Describe your ideal morning.
- If you had to leave your house at a moments notice with no opportunity for immediate return – what one thing would you take with you other than your phone?
- What is your favorite piece of music?